So the book "Think Orange", written by Reggie Joiner, is about thinking about how church is done in a different way. That probably doesn't do it justice. Let me break it out into the principles mentioned on page 82:
1. Nothing is more important than someone's relationship with God/
2. No one has more potential to influence a child's relationship with God than a parent.
3. No one has more potential to influence the parent than the church.
4. The church's potential to influence a child dramatically increases when it partners with a parent.
5. The parent's potential to influence a child dramatically increases when it partners with the church.
That's a tidbit to get me started. One thing to keep in mind, thinking orange isn't children's ministry or youth ministry, it's breaking down the silo's and helping a parent look at a child with the end in mind.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
So I'm a slow reader. Mostly because I have a hard time blocking the noise that is a family with 3 little girls. Anyhow, I'm reading a book called "Think Orange" by Reggie Joiner. It presents kind of a whole new way of thinking about the church. I've got to go now (re: the 3 little girls). In the very near future, I'll post more about the Orange concept.